The recorded history of the town starts from the early 19th century when the colonial administration under the British Raj set up a sanatorium and a military depot in the region.
Subsequently, extensive tea plantations were established in the region and tea growers developed hybrids of black tea and created new fermentation techniques.
The resultant distinctive Darjeeling tea is internationally recognized and ranks among the most popular black teas in the world. The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway connects the town with the plains and has some of the few steam locomotives still in service in India.
Darjeeling has several British-style public schools, which attract pupils from all over India and a few neighbouring countries. The varied culture of the town reflects its diverse demographic milieu comprising Lepcha, Khampa, Gorkha, Newar, Sherpa, Bhutia, Bengali and other mainland Indian ethno-linguistic groups.
Darjeeling, alongside its neighbouring town of Kalimpong, was the centre of the Gorkhaland movement in the 1980s and the summer of 2017.
Gangtok rose to prominence as a popular Buddhist pilgrimage site after the construction of the Enchey Monastery in 1840. In 1894, the ruling Sikkimese Chogyal, Thutob Namgyal, transferred the capital to Gangtok.
In the early 20th century, Gangtok became a major stopover on the trade route between Lhasa in Tibet and cities such as Kolkata (then Calcutta) in British India. After India won its independence from Britain in 1947, Sikkim chose to remain an independent monarchy, with Gangtok as its capital. In 1975, after the integration with the union of India, Gangtok was made India’s 22nd state capital.
– source ( Wikipedia )
Day 02: Darjeeling Sightseeing
Day 03: Darjeeling – Gangtok (100 kms / 4 hrs)
Day 04: Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
(In case of Land slide or any other reason Tsomgo Lake is closed we will provide alternate sightseeing.)
Day 05: Gangtok Local Sightseeing
Day 06: Gangtok – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (120 kms / 5 hrs)
2 nights in Darjeeling
- Tiger hill
- Goom monastery
- Batasia loop
- P.N. Zoological park
- Peace Pagoda
3 Nights in Gangtok
- Tsomgo lake
- Baba mandir
- Flower show
- Banjakhri falls
- Institute of tibetology
05 Nights Accomodation in Mentioned Hotels
- Welcome Drinks
- Meals = Breakfast & Dinner
- To & From Transfer From Airport
- All Sightseeing In Non AC Vehicle
- Free use of Hotel Facalities
- GST Included
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive Non-a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing (it is upgrade-able to Luxury AC vehicle as well).
- Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Presently applicable GST.
- Air fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), Ropeway, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
- Darjeeling – Hotel Pink mountain / Similar
- Gangtok – Hotel Sikkim Delight / Similar
Standard Basic Rooms Will Be Allocated. it can be up-gradable with the additional cost.
- 50% of the Land part + Train / flight fare + Non refundable service if any.
- 100% payment to be made at least 10 days prior to departure for Domestic tour.
- 100% payment to be made at least 21 days prior to departure for International tour.
For Flight tickets:
- Generally, Most of the cheapest flight tickets are non refundable / Non changeable.
For Train tickets:
- As per Norms by the IRCTC.
For Land Packages:
- Before 30 days of departure – 25 % of the land Package.
- Before 10 days of departure – 50% of the Land Package.
- Within 10 Days of Departure – There is no refund.
- GST will not be refunded.